Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Week 9 starts tomorrow. Here are my goals for the week:
Attend Core class on Monday... follow with some more cardio , tan
Gym Tuesday cardio and strength training
Attend Core class on Wednesday...follow with more cardio, tan
Gym Thursday cardio and strength training
Gym Friday cardio
Saturday Kickboxing, tan
Drink at least 80 ounces of water a day
Track each meal in daily log
Take measurements and weigh in on Wednesday!
I hope you all have a great week!
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
This weeks weigh in and measurements was what I needed. I broke my plateau and lost 4.5 lbs which brings me to my lowest of 260.8. Only .8 away from my first 20 lbs. and a new weight bracket. I've lost 9 inches all the way around since Jan. 1st. So I'll definately take it. I've been to the gym each night. I plan to go to kickboxing again this Saturday and may even try Zumba. I plan to work hard this weekend all the way up to my weigh in on Wednesday. I'm determined to get into the 250's. My short term goal this year was to get down to 250 lbs. by my birthday in May. So I know it's doable I just have to keep working hard and stay focused. I hope you all are having a great week! I made this collage lastnight of my journey. The last two pics I took yesterday after my weigh in. I'm really proud of where I've come from.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Week 5 Goals:.
- Drink at least 80 ounces of water. = Fail. Big fail this week and I'm not sure why, I just couldn't bring myself to drink it.
- Read Chapter 2 of Body Clutter and blog 1/2 fail I did read it, however with being sick I didn't get to blog
- Log each meal = success
- Workout at least 4 days minimum of an hour = success
- Attend kickboxing on Saturday. = success
- Time a mile to prepare for half marathon = success
So here we go with week 6
Week 6 Goals:
- Workout everyday this week
- Log every meal
- Continue reading Body Clutter
- Blog twice this week
- Improve mile time 17:10 this was with walk and jog intervals
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Saturday, January 28, 2012
- Continue to drink 80 ounces of water 1/2 Success
- Workout 4 to 5 days this week = Success
- Log each meal =Success
- Read chapter one of Body Clutter =Success
- Blog about Chapter One =Success
- Plan my weekend meals= Success
Week 5 Goals:.
- Drink at least 80 ounces of water.
- Read Chapter 2 of Body Clutter and blog
- Log each meal
- Workout at least 4 days minimum of an hour
- Attend kickboxing on Saturday.
- Time a mile to prepare for half marathon
Thursday, January 26, 2012
So one of my goals for the week was to read the 1st chapter of my new book Body Clutter. I finished reading it this afternoon and could definately relate to the women writting it. In this chapter the book talks about food being a weapon of destruction and a drug. Something goes wrong in life and the first thing we reach for is food. We use food like a drug to help comfort the soul and also to reward ourselves. Food is our comfort zone. When we're full we're content. I am a very emotional eater. Ill be the first to admit when. I get upset shoving food down my throat pushes all the stress and problems away. The first step is realizing why we are eating how much we actually eat. The book goes on discussing about how we handle our food as a drug. Do you keep lots of it around, play tug of war mind games, or lose the battle and in the end lose by beating yourself up? I can say. I've done all three. Its all about taking baby steps and.listening to our bodies. We have to learn the difference between emotional eating vs.
True hunger pains. This chapter has opened me up to realize my emotion eating stems from issues in the past that I haven't let go of So now its time to let go. I'm learning to gear my negative into a hobby or workouts....I know.I'm rambling and probably all over the place, but I wanted to blog each chapter from my view.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Week 3 Summary:
Week 3 Goals:
- Continue to drink 80+ ounces of wate each day =Success
- Workout to 4 to 5 days this week = Success
- Blog twice this week (This has really helped me vent) = Success
- Log food at each meal = Success
- Attend Kickboxing class on Saturday morning = fail weather was bad
- Revamp my Ipod for some new music for my workouts = Success
- Time each mile I walk and improve each time = Success
- Support my fellow chicks! = Success
Week 4 Goals:
- Continue to drink 80 ounces of water
- Workout 4 to 5 days this week
- Log each meal
- Read chapter one of Body Clutter
- Blog about Chapter One
- Plan my weekend meals
- Support my fellow chicks
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
- Drink at least 80 oz. of water daily = success -1 day
- Workout at least 3 to 4 days = success I got 3 days in
- Journal Journal Journal- This will be my main focus this week = Success for the most part I slacked on Saturday and Sunday
- Go to Kickboxing Saturday morning = Fail I had a funeral and services on Saturday so I was out of town
- Blog at least twice this week about how my weeks going = Success
- Support all my fellow chicks! = Success
- Do the mini challenge of eating with the nondominant hand = Fail I couldn't remember to do this challenge.
Week 3 Goals:
- Continue to drink 80+ ounces of wate each day
- Workout to 4 to 5 days this week
- Blog twice this week (This has really helped me vent)
- Log food at each meal
- Attend Kickboxing class on Saturday morning
- Revamp my Ipod for some new music for my workouts
- Time each mile I walk and improve each time
- Support my fellow chicks!
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Starting weight: 271.2
- Drink at least 80 ounces of water a day =Success
- Work out 2 to 3 days = Success I made it 5 out of 7 days!
- Journal every bite and exercise 1/2 Success I journaled almost everything.
- Go to a class at my gym = Success I tried the water aerobics class
- Blog at least twice this week on my feelings thoughts, progress. = Success I blogged 2 or 3 times
- Support my fellow chicks =Success I loved reading all of your posts.
- Drink at least 80 oz. of water daily
- Workout at least 3 to 4 days
- Journal Journal Journal- This will be my main focus this week
- Go to Kickboxing Saturday morning
- Blog at least twice this week about how my weeks going
- Support all my fellow chicks!
- Do the mini challenge of eating with the nondominant hand
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
So day three for starting the new year has been a success. Eating was great. Water is good and still going. I worked out at the gym for two hours that included a swim. I am wore out and ready for bed. I've noticed just in the past days with going to the gym I've been sleeping much better. Hopefully this is a good sign!
I started out Monday at 271.2. Today I weighed myself and the scale read 269.8. So I'm really excited about this because I've been kicking butt at the gym plus that TOM decided to make a visit lastnight. i usually gain 4 to 5 lbs. So to see a loss is exciting.
My measurements for week 1 are
neck: 16 in
arm: L 15 R 15.5
I"m definately not happy about this, but you gotta start somewhere right? I'll update my weight every week. My measurements I'm unsure of I should wait a week or two weeks? What are your thoughts? I've drank 100 oz. of water each day. I've been to the gym everyday this week and did my 100 crunches each time. I will be going this afternoon. There is a class Saturday morning I'm going to that is a new kickboxing class followed by yoga/pilates I may try also. This week I've tracked every bit of my food. And I've taken time each day to look at how my day went and was spent. I hope you all are doing good on your journeys as well and having great week!
Sunday, January 1, 2012
This weeks goals:
- Drink at least 80 ounces of water a day
- Work out 2 to 3 days
- Journal every bite and exercise
- Go to a class at my gym
- Blog at least twice this week on my feelings thoughts, progress.
- Support my fellow chicks